2015 will be the most significant EAEMO conference to date, with more senior speakers than ever before and an expected audience of over 200 senior industry managers. This year will also feature a conference day dedicated to east coast gas supply and demand, price and both the commercial and policy solutions available to the industry, getting right to the heart of the most significant issue right now.
Other key themes being addressed in 2015 include:
- Identifying the policy priorities to create a more effective east coast market and ensure efficient energy investment;
- Addressing oversupply in the wholesale electricity market;
- Examining the east coast gas market – supply/demand dynamics, price and policy portents;
- The importance of adequate competition for east coast energy markets;
- The road to Paris and the transition to a low carbon economy – balancing abatement, affordability and reliability; and,
- Energy productivity, a rapidly changing technology landscape and increasingly engaged consumers.